View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM

Greetings from the wilds of BC

Introducing my and my cavalcade of fine rescue mutts. MollyJune my little 3 legged dalmatian, adopted her after fostering her for 9 months. First met MollyJune working for a local doggie daycare/kennel. Her mom adopted Molly through her job as a vet tech at a local vet clinic. Molly was abandoned after being hit by a car and having her front left leg amputated. Molly lived with that family for a number of years but couldn't adjust to their new baby. So I offered to foster her, unfortunately I never did find a home for her so I adopted her myself, the perils of fostering Molly's quite a small dalmatian only 45lbs very sweet and loving she's the mom to my group of mutts. She loves to take care of puppies and helps me out in my fostering work. She's 13 now and I got her when she was 8.
Bailey is my stumpy little mutt, he's a mystery melange. The rescue I adopted him from though he was a Beagle/Rottweiler mix. But we don't really know for sure. He was abandoned at a trailer park in Republic Washington in December of 2011. He's a sweet lovable little guy, but he's also very noisy and has a number of health problems. He's a very tough little guy the rescue thinks he'd been living homeless for quite some time. He's an amazing scavenger and will try and eat just about anything. He's not the healthiest little guy, when the rescue first got him he had to have 12 teeth removed, a very nasty ear infection, was sneezing blood and has severe arthritis in his back, legs and neck. But he's just the happiest little guy, he never lets his pain get him down and with medication, acupuncture and our amazing chiropractor, he's doing great.
Charlies is my last mutt, he's a 2 and 1/2 year old Boxer/Lab and maybe some Rottweiler mutt. He's much bigger than my other dogs at 80lbs. I adopted Charlie from a lady who had taken him from an abusive home. But found she just couldn't care for such a big dog. He was also in rather bad shape when I got him. Horrible ear infections in both ears, lots of blood and pus *yikes* and very scared of people and other dogs. He's bounced back amazingly, he loves to meet new people and other dogs now. He's still a little timid around new women he meets but so much better than he used to be

We all live on a nice 10 acres in the mountains above the Okanagan valley. It's nice and wild were we are so I can take my dogs on nice long walks in the woods. More often than not we've got at least one foster dog living with us at any one time, though none right now. Been thinking about moving, want to find some place to set up my dream dog daycare/kennel/rescue and rehab.

Anyway that's me and my pack
Attached Images