Thread: Second Opinion
View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM

sugarcatmom you are awesome! I so very much appreciate all the info and links, thank you so much I will look at the links you provided and keep doing my reasearch before the appointment.

Quote:
What was your cat eating before?
Oddly enough the only food she wanted to eat was Dry Friskies Chef's Blend. Just today I have read that at no time should a cat - especially a diabetic one- be eating dry food. The following following link is where I read it, I still have to continue reading the site. Plus it maybe useful to others.

http://yourdiabeticcat.com/diet.html

Quote:
Why? What was the higher protein food, do you know?
They wanted to change the food in hope that she would gain weight. I don't know what the higher protein food was/is it was just indicated to me via e-mail by the vet assistant, I asked but still have not rec'd an answer from them.

I tried to give her wet food (of the same medi-cal dry she now eats) and she wouldn't even give it the time of day. I was told that wet food texture was something that she just doesn't like. I've an appointment for next week to talk with them about the food and insulin. I will have a list of questions and points to go through with them and one question will be about the higher protein food. I will keep this thread updated after the visit.