View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
~Cat Servent~

My Fagan has something like this, his though is definitely an allergy to flea bites and corn/chicken. Other than keeping these triggers as far away from him as possible, I have been using some holistic remedies recommended by my vet. Traumeel speeds the healing of the skin, PBUR and SK (Thompson's holistic remedies) work on helaing the skin as well, and Hypericum and rescue remedy work to calm the cat and lesson the damage they do by biting and licking.

And just IMO, I'm sure your cat would rather get to live a longer life on the meds, with you, than not. Talk to the vet about the holistics they can be very effective, especially in combination with the shots, I have found that the holistic meds make the effects of the shots last longer and therefor I need fewer and fewer shots.

All the best to you and your kitty!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M