View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2007, 06:33 PM
Senior Contributor

I dio not see how she gets off - she knew what she was doing was wrong and that's all that is important in reaching a verdict of diminished capacity. But she did run to a mental health facility and claim bipolar disorder. Gawd, I don't care what she has - I mean, if she was schizophrenic and had some serious ,mental illness that had voices telling her to do it and a dcumented history of institutionalization and therapy but that does not seem to be the case. My fear is she is using the system - and I have learned (from being burned once or twice as an intern I have to admit, Ms or Dr. Nice in the ER) that not everyone who claims to have a bipolar illness necessarily does!!

I rarely deal with that field now anyway but I spent a few years as a student working for an aunt who is a psychiatrist. It just seems some ppl find that diagnosis very convenient from time to time making it more difficult for those who really need help!!!