View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Warming up raw can definitely be a good idea. I usually place the bowl inside another bowl of hot water for a minute, or you can stir some warm water into the mix. Some people microwave it for a few seconds but be careful that it doesn't get too hot.
The bowl in the hot water is the best way to warm it alittle, I put Duffy's dish in the sink w/hot water.

I'd stay away from microwaving the raw even only for a few seconds it does start cooking the bones turning them brittle which can lead to other issues.

Quote:
http://rawfedcats.org/practicleguide.htm
Some cats don’t take well to raw food that’s cold, straight from the refrigerator, but instead prefer it to be closer to ‘mouse body temperature.’ This is easily done by simply putting the meat in a plastic baggie, and either running it under a warm faucet, or soaking it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. Never microwave raw food to warm it, as microwaving changes the molecular structure of food, thereby altering its nutritional value, and can also turn raw bones into cooked bones, which should never be fed to your cat.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying