View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2004, 05:23 PM

Woodbyter's ankle

Thanks for asking, I'm still recovering and getting better each day. Still can't put any pressure on the ankle until the surgeon looks at it on 4-08. Then there are still three torn tendons to finish healing and that can takes month so I may graduate from wheel chair and crutches to a walker.
If it has healed properly and all indications are that it has I will be able to get back on my tractor and ride the range again--SOON.LOL
The biggest problem is going up and down stairs which if I stay out of the basement isn't a big thing but you know guys and basements-we love em like barns and pastures.LOL
I did get into my woodworking shop the other day and wheeled around with a vacumn cleaner and put a few tools up with my handy reachy grabby thingy.
I'm working 3 days week from home so I'm not eating up a lot of my sick leave. I had 600 hours saved up and only burning 16 a week. I can go back when I want to and they don't want me back as long as I can keep the analytical work up from home. Govt. does have it's good points...
The animals are getting used to my wheel chair and learning to dodge those big wheels. With a bunch of cats and long tailed dogs tails are a natural target that must look like road kill material as my wheel chair zero's in on them.
Woodbyter