View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy21 View Post
Thanks for all the support everyone. We had him euthanized on Feb. 27 at 6:00pm. It was really hard to do and I stayed with him through the entire thing but deep down I knew he wasn't going to get any better. I don't think he was in pain yet but I didn't want him to be in any either. I'm really going to miss him.
I've just joined, after reading through this whole thread. I was initially interested in this topic and found this thread through google, because I was searching for answers and information to better understand and help resolve the rear leg weakness for my kitty Spot, 15 years old.

Remy 21, I just wanted to tell you that I greatly admire how well you cared for your kitty and how hard you tried to help him get better. And though it was so hard, you did the right thing to let him go. I really empathize. I had to let my 12 year old pug dog Tish (companion for Tucker) go last October, after battling rear paralysis for about three weeks.

You are a truly great cat parent, and there are so many kitties out there in the world who need good homes. I hope you will, when the right time comes, adopt another cat so s/he can have all the love you have to give. Bittersweet kudos to you.