Thread: Regional Forum
View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Not certain I am keen on this idea- have to really think on it. like the notion of meeting peple from across the country and the US and many people here live in very small areas (not cities) and I don't know, it would take something away from the measure of togetherness we feel. It is never wise to start dividing peple- I see it in NB (and yes I suppose some places in Quebec) along language lines and I have treated way too many people post war after ppl were divided along religious lines.

Part of the wonder of the internet for me is that it has made the world a smaller place and I suspect - speaking personally - that having regional forums might have an effect we did not anticipate. Also, since web sites attain advertising in a different way and it is in the best interests if businesses not to be mentioned here - unless they advertise - (the owners do have to make money so we can all chat here and give and get advice and share notions) , the highlighting of vets and businesses would not be a welcome addition. We sometimes do discuss a particular back yard breeder for example but it is mentioned in say emails to one another or in private messages - in large measure because the owners cannot be responsible for liability should anyone here make some spurious remark. So, I would worry about that. We do discuss some types of food or ideas for remedies (non medical ones since most of us are not vets!) but we usually are (I know I try to be) very cautious about that.

I will think about this though....but I am not sure I like where it might take us as a community. Of course, I am a very inclusive person so there you are...