View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Doggie Wench

The letter you found in your home...could it have been slipped under the door? If not, the concierge let himself in without your permission which is against the law. A bailiff always has you sign a form to confirm reception of a document. If this happens again, please call the police and file an official written complaint of unlawful entry. Ask for a copy for your records. As for visits to your home, you must receive a 24 hour notice unless it's an emergency (example, a pipe burst and is leaking into the apartment beneath you).

Who is this letter signed by? Is the concierge also the owner of the building or is he employed by the owner? If it's the latter, I would suggest you contact the landlord by writing and explain what is going on (you'll find name and address on your lease). Any official notice to tenants by landlords must be either hand delivered, sent by registered mail, or personally handed to you by a bailiff. All three require a signature to confirm receipt in order for it to be considered in any court including the Regie du Logement.

Please rest assured that no one can come into your home and remove your dog just because the new concierge decided to change the rules. It would seem to me that he is trying to intimidate you for reasons unknown to us. Please keep careful notes of dates and times he's made any contact and threats against you.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Please keep us updated and don't hesitate to ask for help.