Thread: Colby's weight
View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Unofficial Zookeeper

Colby's weight

First and foremost, vet is not worried about him. He's passed all his tests..and this is more just a "ME" thing. Colby is a long, lanky, long nosed, THIN dach. I realise not all dach are short, and chunky. (like the rest of my crew)...but when I can almost wrap my hand around his entire stomach..it bugs me. He stays on the go, and is high energy. He is also my seperation anxiety pup, so spends alot of time "barking, howling, yelling" when we are gone, or he is alone in his kennel at night (and yes we've tried alternatives, he has to be kenneled or he'll chew the house (usually my shoes), and he has to be in his own room because he will NOT settle down for at least 30 mins).
His appetite varies. Some days he wolfs anything edible down like its the best ever...some days he sticks his nose up at anything except a hotdog. (we've taken to hiding a few chunks of hotdog at the bottom of his food dish, and he'll EAT his way there. LOL>

But I know with all my "experts" on here...maybe someone can give me a "healthy" , "inexpensive" way to put just maybe a POUND or two on him.
I know we should still see the line of his ribs (have looked at healthy weight pics of dach till my eyes are crossed). (by that i mean be able to tell a disctint different between where the ribs start and end, and it not be a solid lump from neck to back end. (LOL)

but just for "my" comfort..I'd like to fatten him up. JUST A LITTLE>

home recipies?
and I dont want to over do it. Just maybe something we can feed him for a little while till his weight picks up. (he also recives a handfull of fattening k/d on top of his food for a treat).

thanks all!