View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I wanted a purebred dog, but there was no way I would have gone to a petstore or a byb. I ended up getting an adult rehome from a breeder. Which isnt technically a rescue as the owner would not have sent the dog the shelter. We actually were on the list for a rescue and for a puppy from a breeder. When we were contacted about Joey we saw it as it good fit for us and we ended up adopting him. The same day we got him home we were offered a puppy from a breeder that said one of the owners changed their mind.

I feel guilty for not adopting from our shelter but honestly all of the dogs up there I dont think I would be experienced enough to handle. Eventually I may consider a second small rescue dog in a year or two once we are accustomed to having one dog.

I did speak with the owner of a new petstore in town about his over priced mixed breed dogs, no of course there not puppymill dogs we would never do that. Ya right tell me what reputable breeder would sell to your petstore at the very least they are BYBS.