View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I home cook for my dog but the only raw food she gets are bones and fruit. All her veggies and meats are cooked. Uncooked veggies go right through them.

She was very sick on puppy food. Since I switched to making her food she has done a complete turn around and I am very happy.

Being a collie she will eat much more then your dog. I make a large pot of stew every week for Sadie and she gets three full meals a day plus a 1/2 meal in the evening...which is now turning to her snack lol (she's six mons)

I had a Westie X that had horrible food allergies that he would tear his fur out until he bled. Switching his diet was wonderful! Our vet had him on prednisone and let me tell you how horrible this stuff is.

He wasn't on it long either, but here and there until I got wise and the internet broadened my searching for information.

Rusty had two torn cruciate ligaments in both back legs. One operable the other not. So for about 6 years he had a gimp back leg all from the prednisone. The surgery was 1600 bux to repair the other.

So if you are interested in types of foods let me know and I'll share with you what I feed my pup

Welcome to the board!!