View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the prompt responses everyone - I appreciate it. I should have mentioned that Tucker did poop today which is what the vet was waiting for over the weekend and why I was able to bring him home today. He also went twice since we got home but its pure liquid right now which the vet said would last several days - but he has had diahrea periodically since I got him last June which I was also given meds for at the time I had him fixed in Sept.

Shortly after I posted he finally got up and came to me wanting to go out - he peed and pooped and belched quite a bit - and when we came in he ate a bit of boiled chicken and rice and some dry food - and his stomach is gurgling quite a bit now - but he seems brighter. Maybe it was just a reaction to the meds kicking in that caused his heart to race or beat hard and his tiredness? Or was it just from the stress of being away from home for a few days? Guess I will watch for the same reaction after his next dose and see if it happens again - he has to take the metro for 2 weeks so hopefully if this was just a reaction it will subside over the next few days.

I checked his gums and they are pink and moist - he was dehydrated last Friday and the vet showed me how dry his gums were - so I did check them earlier knowing that they also show signs of problems, if any.

Well he seems a bit better now - I feel a little better myself. Thanks again everyone - glad to know there are others to talk to about things like this.