View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Welcome to the site! Boy what a way to learn about your first cat! First off when you joined you probably read somewhere that this is a pro spay and neauter site but maybe you just missed it. There are many members here that are heavily involved in rescue and the health and well being of pets and animals in general. Since this is your fist cat I think if you stick around long enough you will learn a ton from the members here.

First and formost please dont let your cat outside! The reasons you have already dealt with are one side of it but there is another.......your little man is contributing to the unwanted pet population... if you only knew how many unwanted kitties are killed everyday because lets face it...there are not enough homes out there and wayyyy to many kitties. Your little man when neutered will most likely have a better over all personality too because he is not being motivated by his hormones.!

yes i understand, about 3 days ago i found a box with about 5 or so kittens in it. all about a few days old. poor guys. some of them had cement on half of their body. not enough to disable physical movement. but by the looks of it. they had rolled over and somehow pebbles got stuck on them. anyhow, i got what i could, and gave them regular milk with an eye drop squeezer-thing. (yes i know its not made for them, but in the situation what else could i have done? they're mother was no where, and the box was moved around according to my cousin who had seen it before me) anyhow, i put them back after they all had a few drops or so, they all cuddled together, and i put them back where i found em (didnt want to give them too much, i mean, they werent exactly inlove with it.) later on the next day, the whole box was gone.

The biggest reason I keep my cats inside is because I could never go outside and have to pick my cat up off the road because its been hit by a car! I have had to call for cats that have been hit and its a horrible feeling! what a way to go! and just because the neow and whine doesnt mean you have to let them out. You menitoned other family members letting your guy out. Could you set him up in your bedroom while your not hoem whith his litter box, food and maybe a little spot for him to lay on? if you have a window he may enjoy checking it out! This way your have control of where he is? they dont miss it really? I have 2 cats that have not been outside and they are perfectly well adjusted cats.

we used to keep him inside with us, he even had his own couch. but my mom has had a history with allergies. her doctor told her any hairs from any animal will increase the allergies. so shes not allergic to the cat, but the cat hairs add to it. well actually, whats IN the cat hairs adds to it.

If finances are an issue regarding the neutering please look in the area you live for a low cost spay and neuter clinic...its not alot of money and males are much easier to do than females!

Enough for now...how about a picture of your little man?

sure thing! ill get right on that, in the meantime, you can see what he looks like in my avatar. yes, thats him if you were wondering .

Cheers

Cindy

thank you cindy

Last edited by Sew-sew-steve; April 4th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.