View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarhad View Post
I would love to put my cat Mishou on like an all natural diet or something along that lines, but shes so picky - I dont know how her last owner didnt catch on that was wasnt really eatting the food they were giving her (i kno because they game me some when I got her, no wonder she was skin and bones) I got her checked out her health is fine, shes just finnicky

Ive spent so much to just find food she will actually eat...and Ive got her on Iams original that seems to do the trick for her...she wont even eat treats or canned food...what kinda cat doesnt eat treats...but im gonna try plain cooked chiken as a treat and see how it works...
Mine didn't like treats either, but she likes Greenies dental treats, and they are not expensive.

I hope you switch from Iams! Iams is a great start - more meat, etc. But you're paying a premium price for a non-premium food. It's much better than the other stuff in the grocery store, but not good enough for what they charge.

I had a hell of a time getting mine to switch (16 years of Iams!), but I think I've done it now.

After a while many acclimate their taste buds to appreciate better foods, and will start rejecting junk food, as one poster above mentioned.

I take away her dry food when I go to bed, and offer only canned when she wakes up hungry - this is how I got her to start eating some.