View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Our youngest has Grand Mals as well. It's horrifying to watch, not to mention heart breaking

The post ictal phase can last anywhere from minutes to days. I would give it a at least another day or 2. One thing to consider is a stroke. Although it is rare in dogs, as we have recently learned, it does happen. There is a test you can do to see if it is neurological. Take his hind leg, flip the foot under and see how long it takes him to flip it back. Do it with both feet. If there is a delay, or he isn't back to himself (or if his issues worsen, he stops eating or drinking), you may want to consider a vet visit asap. Our old boy has recently had surgery. He had the bottom 3rd lung lobe on the left side removed. He has Malignant Histiocytic Sarcoma and is now just about to finish the last of his chemo treatments. He had what appeared to be a seizure a little while back, but they also believe now that it was a small stroke. He is displaying a lot of the symptoms you have described such as weakness in the hind quarters, falling etc. I wish you both the best and hope your boy is ok

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012