View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Beautiful pictures, chico! Are all your swallowtails black, chico? Ours are almost all yellow

Name:  Eastern Tiger Swallowtail 6-10-05.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  91.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Mine this year are ranging in height from 2.5ft to about 4.5ft, some are really tall. ...

That's about how tall most of mine are, too--'cept for the ones out in the well 'garden'...they're escapees and not doing well amongst all the grasses...

...My Purple PHLOX is up for grabs I really have a lot.

Wish we were closer... sigh Does anyone know if you can divide phlox or if you just have to wait for it to seed itself into the area you want it to spread to?

Hazel -That is Black Eyed Susans non? My petals look all pointy this year, like what yours in the pic appear [/FONT][/FONT]
Yep, black-eyed-susans. Not sure what variety, though. They're volunteers...the well garden is so grassy that prairie plants feel right at home there and move in all the time. I had some out back along the cistern that were a little rounder-petaled last year. Not sure if it was a different variety or just the fact that they got more shade than the ones in the well garden this year

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."