View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Senior Contributor

I take it that since he was your dads dog then he was home all the time with Sparkie?If so,this could also be a bit of seperation anxiety along with the stress.

IMO,I would be very careful about the kennel(crate)..This could stress him out even more.Which could be more harmful.If you want to try this,I would slowly introduce him to it.I have never crated my dogs.But I have heard of the negatives to this in a stressed dog.

I have 2 GSD'S.I have had them as pups.They were doing a bit of the barking.But I did what was said in the link LR provided.The part that said leave the radio on.It worked wonders.After a couple of months I didn't need to leave the radio on.They were more into themselves and their toys to care that we were not home.LOL....Also,I made sure that they were exercised before I left the house.

The link has some great info to help you.

I have watched a trainer on t.v who used the methods in the link.He did a follow up.And they did an amazing turn around.

Good luck.