View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
woof!

Unhappy

of course i wouldn't have left him in the car unless i didn't have a choice. i was with a group of six friends who met us at Old Montreal in the middle of the day for lunch just to say goodbye. the restaurant where we made reservations (Jardin Nelson) had outdoor seating but wouldn't let me bring in Mischa, even if he was in his travel bag the whole entire time. none of the other restaurants would allow pets either. we were going to grab a bite to eat and head home directly afterwards.

it was a pretty cool day... sunny but you need a sweatshirt... we thought that it might be okay to leave him to nap in the car for a little while and check up on him every 30 minutes, since we walked around with him for almost a couple of hours already and he was getting tired. so we left the sunroof open, opened all the windows about 2 inches, left him in the back seat where he had plenty of room to run around on the floor with his toys, dog treats, food, and water... and of course, some newspapered area in case he needed to 'go.'

i know that we're totally responsible for this, we made a huge mistake by letting him be alone in the car... plus we didn't know that the area where we were parked is known for car theft and dog theft.

we made an announcement on the radio already, on Chom 97.7 and mix 96. i think we will do it again.

we also checked the stores and their security cameras, but nothing.... because this was outside the stores, in front of a nice shopping center too.

we networked with the people in the area of the incident, like the bums on the streets, the horse carriage drivers, people working in the cafes nearby... and of course, the vets in all city of montreal, and told them to help spread the word.

it would be very kind for everybody who finds this posting to help spread the word too... i know i've made a mistake and i can't regret it more than this. i would do anything to get Mischa back and appreciate it with all my heart any help that i can get to take me to him.

thanx again y'all for listening...