View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1 View Post
I don't know what I would do if Jasper bit a child. I am having the exact same problem with Jasper to the point that family whether adult or child don't come visit us anymore. I don't take Jasper for a walk I let my husband do it because I cannot handle him. He jumps out at people walking by and he's just too strong for me. We have been through training and a behavoirist but it has not helped. I hardly ever go see family because I cannot take Jasper and cannot leave him home because he tears things apart and when he's in his kennel all he does is yelp and bark and somethimes bangs his face on his kennel door and injures himself.
Tired dogs are good dogs!

He needs to have some energy drained and on a daily basis, this boy sounds as though he is bored out of his mind.

I stand firm that mostly all behaviour problems dogs have is due to owner error, that was the case with my Meiko, he is not wiired wrong, we did things wrong with him this causing bad behaviours.

Have you done just plain obedience training with him? Dogs not excercised regularly will lunge, pull, bark at other dogs ect...