View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:03 AM
junior but opinionated

Lightbulb Raw and cancer, new kid

Hi,
I'm new, I'm visiting from the Dog Cancer forum which I've had the misfortune of posting to for moral support frequently since my little italian greyhound mix was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma. The good news is she (a 20 pound dog) had a 2 pound spleen removed with no other organ involvement and she's doing fabulously 5 weeks post surgery. Since surgery she's on a completely raw diet. I'm just going with my instinct.. she's getting Variety brand raw medallions and raw chicken with bones, beef (with bones) and eggs. If I can find anything else I'll give her that and I"m hunting a source of green tripe since I'm hearing so much about it. I'm not being very scientific about the feeding, however she really looks fabulous. My reason for coming here, besides learning more about feeding raw is to try and see if those of you who feed raw are experiencing less cancer than those who feed cooked, commercial, kibble, etc. Most folks on the Dog Cancer forum are just learning about healthier diets but few, if any, I might be the only one.. are feeding raw. In fact I got into a discussion with a vet on the forum whose claim is that feeding raw is very dangerous due to pathogens picked up at slaughter houses. So I'm interested in what anyone has to say regarding raw diet and cancer frequency.

Last edited by marko; February 28th, 2008 at 09:54 AM.