View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Senior Contributor

I have edited this because it was to log and I do not like to be too judgemental - in the light of day, I wonder if I was without knowing enough details. I do feel so badly for the dog!!!

Good luck Poodltalk - I am so sorry Sassy had to endure yet another bad opportunity. Those are never good - regardless of the situation (Dogs have a sense of knowing when they are not wanted it seems and it upset, they will show it. That this dog urinated could mean she was abused and saw something that reminded her of that or it may just be as simple as she forgot or never was trained. It will take someone with patience, kindness and knowledge about special needs dogs. Sometimes though - even some simple thing no one has even recognized is the solution, as you very well know prob better than I!!)

And while I do think maybe she needed more time, not everyone has the resources to cope with whaetver issues Sassy may have. I am still a little concerned about the way the dog was labelled so quickly but I see that even in organizations that treat childrden and it makes me sad!

I did not mean to suggest - and the sentence used is the original; that she was abused, just that it was a possibility. There are a plethora of reasons for the behaviur, including just plain scard of a new situation which is not uncmmon!

Anyway --- good luck Sassy!! for a new home!!

Last edited by CyberKitten; May 9th, 2007 at 10:22 AM.