View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Catlover2

Very sweet calico girl. She looks to be around 12 wks. old. She should be eating regular cat food. Don't give her any milk, as most cats don't digest it well and gives them tummy upsets. Can you feed her canned cat food? She should be fed at least three times a day, a couple of heaping spoonfuls each meal. You could leave out a little dry food, but the canned is better for her. Water is fine, just no milk.

Thanks for taking the video. As to her anus, it's hard to tell as it was out of focus exactly what it is, but to me it looks something like a hemorrhoid, or a skin tag, or possibly a hernia, and I can see it's red and irritated from her sucking it. She should see a vet about that.

I don't see any toys for her to play with and she's very active at this stage and needs things to play with. No strings or anything she can swallow, but you can make toys for her---foil balls, toilet paper rolls, cardboard boxes to jump in and out of and especially to teeth on, stuffed toy mouse, ball point pen to bat around.

I can see she's pretty wiggly when you pick her up and complaining, but do pick her up and handle her as much as you can. Without litter mates, she likely hasn't learn to control her bite and that why she's chomping down hard. You have to discourage her from doing that, with a firm "No biting!" and a tap on her nose. That's what mamacat would do to discipline her. She actually would benefit from playing with another kitten around her age, where she would learn bite control, and it would give her company. She does seem lonely. Another playmate would probably get her mind off her hind end as well. You should know that calico girls can be pretty determined, bossy and independent and sometimes aren't really cuddly cats, especially as kittens---her complaining when being picked up is typical of that. At least that's my experience. She is darling tho!

Last edited by catlover2; May 8th, 2010 at 11:26 PM.