View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM

Hi Melissa,
Yes, if we are out and she is in the house she is kenneled. We usually come in and put our stuff away, then come into the kitchen (where she is kenneled) and quietly say 'hi'. Then I open the kennel door (she won't come out until I tell her to) and when I'm sure she is calm I let her come out and sit for a good pat and cuddle. Then I let her outside to potty. Usually she just calmly waits in her kennel - with a wildly wagging tail. She really never pees when this is the case. The peeing at the top of the stairs happens when she is home with someone in the family and so has the run of the living areas in the house. When we come in she just runs to the top of the stairs and pees. No hello no nothing. We have tried calling ahead and having her put outside before we get home and greeting her in the backyard. She is happy and pees everywhere when we do this but it doesn't really matter because it's outside. Unfortunately after all this is done and we let her in, she runs to the top of the stairs and pees. We have tried leaving her out for a time after we arive home with the same results. I'm thinking this is a behaviour issue and don't know how to stop it. We tried just ignoring it and it hasn't helped over the last 8 months so lately have been saying 'no pee'. She stops immediately so there's less to clean up but next time just does it again.