View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I'm a softy

*awe* you sound so frusterated, *BIGHUG* ok first, take a deep breath, and remember that this is a phase, with work it will pass, I don't know anyone who has had a puppy and not peen right ticked off about a mess on the floor.

First thing is that it has to be a priority to keep keen eyes on her at all times. She must not have an accident when no one is looking. She has learned that is is perfectly acceptable to mess in the house, she does not know she is doing anything wrong, that has to be changed. The best thing to do is keep her on a leash attached to your waist. When you bring her inside. When she begins to suat you clap your hands, say NO! and take her straight outside, have a party when she goes. Taking her outside for awhile has to be business only, stand with your arms crossed ignoring her until she goes, she has to leatn that when she gets outside it is time to preform, reward her big time when she does. Remember one poo is not usually done, often they will have another shortly, so watch. NEVER allow her access to anywhere in the house except her kennel without someone having control of her. Feed a high quality food that will not move through her fast producing massive amounts of poop.

Really all you are trying to accomplish is a situation that it is impossible for her to go in the house. At her age, once you do this for a few days she will be close to knowing what to do. If you can be consistand and make sure there are NO accidents in the house without her being reprimanded the instant she sqauts she will be trained in no time. All that has happened is she has learnind inside is just as good as outside for potty breaks, you need to make it simple and clear to her that is not ok.

You will do it, Frusterating I know, but you will! This will just be a memory soon I promise! It just takes persistance and patience. GOOD LUCK to you and your new baby!