View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhawk1 View Post
Anyone have any knowledge of Natural Balance? Any other brands that I could try that both cats could eat?

Unfortunately Natural Balance isn't very forthcoming with their "as fed" nutritional analysis, so I have no idea how much phosphorus is in the Venison & Pea formula and whether it would be appropriate for a kidney cat. I can tell you that the Innova 95% Venison is good in that regard (146mg/100kcal - you want to keep phosphorus below about 200-240mg), as well as the 95% Beef (171mg). Other low phosphorus options could be Wysong Chicken Gourmet (123mg) or Liver Gourmet (116mg), but their info isn't very current and may no longer be accurate. They also contain grains, so I'd be cautious feeding it to Storm. Wysong also makes some All Meat varieties that are low phosphorus, but they're not nutritionally complete and so should only be fed intermittently or with their "Call of the Wild" supplement.

Precise Chicken, Turkey, Triple Delight and Deluxe Medley, or Felidae Chicken & Rice are all good in the phosphorus department, but again, maybe not so good for allergies. You're in a tough spot and may have to feed your 2 each a different food unless you can pinpoint what's causing Storm's issues. Hopefully some of the ones I've mentioned can give you a place to start.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler