View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Met with the vet today. He is going to do a blood panel on Sam I Am and go from there. He's concerned that his organs are shutting down. He's also going to shave Sam and treat him with a special scrub to help with the healing. A biopsy will be done to find out what exactly Sam has as the vet does not concur with previous findings. The biopsy would tell them exactly what Sam has and how to treat it. The blood work will tell us if Sam can stand anymore treatment without us killing him. Although Sam has gained weight, there is no muscle mass nor fat which does not help the drugs to work effectively. So I sit and hope beyond hope that they can turn this all around. Our vet wants more than anything for Sam to be ok... His words "What an incredible dog". So please all think positive thoughts for him.

We will in time (God willing) move to hollistic drugs such as Natural Hydrocortisone should that be deemed the drug to treat. Our vet is very open to alternatives and he agrees that Sam's body cannot handle much more. It's make or break time. Sam amazes me by his desire to be close and be loved. To see a dog who is in such rough shape crawl into your lap and roll over for a belly rub is heatbreaking. I'm sorry.. Sam's case is a rough one as looking into his face I cannot ever forgive the people who allowed this to happen to him. This is truly a test of anyones faith in human kind. :sad: