View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:48 AM
Dog Buddy For Life

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahNovaScotia View Post
Hi! so I have a 8 month old lab mix, a total sweetheart gets along great with everyone and everything lol. I adopted him from SC, and he was set to arrive in Canada, the same week my beagle was hit by a car and passed away. He was going to be a buddy for my beagle Jasper, but sadly that never panned out . The other day a female shar pei mix caught my eye on the Greenville county shelter facebook page. She is the mother of two pups who are also available. My question is...What is the difference between 1-2 dogs? I only work part time, so would be home often! Thanks a lot, all opinions and cons and pros welcome
Hi!
Based on my experience, I and my family had 4 so far. we started only with one adding up through the years through adoption from friends. Although dogs have odd ways to get acquainted with his other dog companion they will still cling to each other in the long run becoming pals with each other. By nature, dogs are pack animals and they thrive to live with a companion, be it of their kind or us humans.As they become domesticated with us, we TRAINED them to live according to our rules. Thus, they cling to us and learn our ways. The most important thing actually is not as to how many is ideal since it depend on how capable are you, their human companion to manage, care and love them. And as a reward and in turn, their LOYALTY, LOVE and AFFECTION will only only be for YOU. An unconditional partnership for life.

Enjoy dog parenting for not only because the rewards are great from your dogs but you are doing some great responsibility for yourself and to man's greatest animal friend - the DOG.
Cheees!