View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Still always a good idea to make 100% sure with a vet check.
I agree - it's best to be safe than sorry. I will make an appointment this week.

Quote:
This is quite likely a huge part of the problem. Can you put another litter box somewhere that she has easier access to? Where is the litter box located currently? Do you have more than one, and are they covered or uncovered? Are they scooped at least daily (preferably twice/day)?
I think we are going to have to put a second litter box up on the main floor. We currently have one in the basement (we've always had just the one for two cats without incident prior). The current one is covered - I will probably stick to a covered one for upstairs as well. The one we have is scooped daily.

Quote:
Spraying Feliway directly on the bed might work better, although my sense is that Feliway is geared more to territorial marking, and I don't think that's what's going on here. Put the diffuser where Molly spends most of her time so that it helps her to feel calmer overall.
The only Feliway I have is the diffuser - not sure where to get the spray since I snagged this stuff through work (given I work for the pharma company). I initially got the Feliway to try and help Molly feel calmer.. and maybe even help Mr Miyagi calm down some.

Quote:
ETA - One more suggestion: not sure what litter you currently use, but try switching to Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract. That, combined with another closer box, might really help.
I'm going to look for this litter tomorrow - thank you!