Thread: Wolf Dog Breeds
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
I knew a woman that had a coyote/dog . She was very sweet but she had a very hard adjusting when her owner moved to a new house. The coyote/dog kept going back to her old house , she just could not get use to be moved around like a pet. I felt bad for the coyote/dog as the owner was trying to treat her as if she was a dog and the owner was always getting mad at the poor thing for not behaving like a 'dog'. There is no needs to breed dogs with wolves , it not fair for the animal, wolves are wild animals and their traits will show up in the mix breed. If it should attack another dog or person the first thing people will do is to blame the wolf part of the breed. Please go to a shelter and you'll find all kind of dogs that need a forever home . Why do want a wolf/dog anyway?? I think it is very selfish to try and made a pet out of a wild animal.
Thank you I agree totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choochi View Post
Actually in those pictures your dog looks perfectly like a show line husky and not a thing like any thing resembling a wolf. And yes, the type of behaviour you are describing would also be very fitting of many huskies.

And BTW I would be taking with a grain of salt any information coming from a woman who without much thought hands you forged papers. Either that or she saw an opportunity to sell some one a "wolf dog" to seal the deal and you still only had just a husky pup and the papers were correct but you were led to believe some thing else. Either way, shady.
She sold him to us as a pure bred husky. My vet had problems with his size among other things she spoke of his angular eyes. Also we could not show him because of his size even though we paid for breeding rights he was never bred but not for this reason. At any rate the breeder told us that the wolves were breeded in and diluted to the maximum. I was a bit overwhelmed and didn't ask any of the right questions. I did not ask if he had any wolf in his ancestry. As an artist I can not help but notice that his eyes are way more angular than many of the huskies I encounter. But weather he have wolf or none is not my concern because the people with wolf hybrids have the same problems. I will never know if any of the wolf blood coursed through his veins but I did see them on the property. I have no idea if it was legal at the time.

The reason I respect the breeder is because the area photographed is where she had her dogs. She did sledding and knew how to raise these dogs. The only thing I don't like is having seen the wolves enclosure, I always felt bad about that. I did not respect that part of it. The point I want to make is that wolves and dogs should not be bred together. She did admit to having some problems with her neighbors however being a famous breeder things worked themselves out.

By the way my husband is six feet three and my youngest is six in the picture but now just shy of six feet. I don't know myself how typical his size was of a wolf but was just told this by the vet.

I would not have bought the puppy if he had given off a strong indication of having wolf. I too was sure he was 100% husky till the vet pointed out certain things. I guess I will never know. Still his plight aligns with theirs.

By the way I mentioned my experience with Kim because people who buy a wolf hybrid may have the same heartache. I don't want to make the thread about kim though. I would rather discuss the problem of wolf hybridism and selling as pets. The owner of Mission wolf has to turn dogs away every year because he can not take them all in. I find this sad. These animals are destroyed and that could have been a possibility for Kim. Education can save these dogs before they are born I believe.

Last edited by kittiesandbirds; September 7th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.