View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:31 AM

Thank-you!

Thanks so much Iggette. That would really be helpful.

I am starting to get a bit discouraged, as it has been more than 2 weeks now. I am trying not to think the worst, but after recently hearing the horror stories of people killing cats for "art projects" it's hard to stay positive knowing that people like that are out there.

Jackie's owner is actually just an acquaintance who happens to live in same house as my sister (shared duplex). I do know that he is our neighbourhood's "pet detective" and is always keeping his eyes open for postings for missing animals and goes out of his way to look for them on his bike in his spare time! He has taken in and cared for many strays himself - Jackie being one of them (she was found in a box in the winter in a school yard with her 5 newborn kittens!) He took them in, took them all to the vet and once the babies got bigger, found them all good homes. I helped care for them when he had to go away. He kept Jackie who was a wonderful mother (she couldn't have been much more than 6 months herself when she had the kittens), affectionate - a real cuddler and lap cat. Because he lives in a basement, he felt it was cruel to keep her locked up inside all the time, and would let her roam around the outside of the house on occassion (we tried to convince him otherwise) - one day, he let her out for her afternoon stroll (she would normally come back within an hour) but this time she never returned.

Anyway, that's Jackie's story. I guess as animal lovers we can all imagine what it must feel like to lose a pet, even if we haven't lost one ourselves.

Sorry for the "ramble" - thanks again for your help and support! Every little bit helps!