View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Pet Guardian

I agree that the Superdogs aren't very entertaining. I suppose they might be if they didn't do 4 shows a day X 10 days at the Stampede, maybe the dogs wouldn't be so bored and the guardians so tired. There have been years though, that I've seen them in the same venue and it was really entertaining, even on the last or second last day. I guess their concept this year just sucked.

Yes, the large hound I'm thinking of was white with red or reddish spots. He/she looked like a bit of a cross between a Great Dane and a Greyhound. My bf said "it must be a Grey Dane" which I thought was cute. I will look up more on the Ibizan hound and make sure that was him.

Chili is awesome, I'm very impressed with him. And today I saw a Teacup Chihuahua at the dog park. I'm not sure if this is a real breed or just that this dog was extremely tiny, but she sure was cute. Not sure how I feel about hairless dogs, though. They kinda freak me out a little, the same way the sphinx cats do. It just doesn't seem right.

They do say that more than 40% of the Superdogs are rescues/come from shelters, etc. However, a different training facility here in town (we're lucky to have Superdog Spectrum) offers a discount on training if you can provide a receipt showing that your dog was adopted from a certified shelter or rescue. Superdogs do not. I just wish that my dog hadn't been rescued directly so I could get that discount. I'm not sure if I want to pay $150 for 8 weeks of agility training when I don't even know if he'll like it or have any success at it. Wonder if they'll let me try one first... ? Hmmmmmm

Anyhow... going outside!
Melissa