View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2004, 08:54 AM

Update on our rescued American Bulldog baby!!

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not getting on here sooner to post. I just wanted to let everyone know that we seem to have gotten past the rough part, and he is doing much better. In fact he is now solely on a holistic dog food ( after home cooking for the month ) and seems to be doing much better. His bowel issues seem to have settled down and he is eating regularly everyday and drinking his water too.
I am still giving him supplements, as well as extra vitamins to maintain this healthy progression.
I want to send a huge HUG out to LUBA!!
Thank you so much for your on going emails and support. You were our guiding angel when I was worried the most!!! I will never be able to thank you enough for all of the wonderful advice.

I know we have a long road yet, he suffered what seemed to be a seizure last Friday, but came through it OK. I am not sure if it was a sign of things to come or just co-incidence. He was running around and then just stopped, fell over and became completely ridgid. My DH carried him outside and after a short period of time he seemed to come around. It hasn't happened since and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
He does well with his blindness, and training...well it is slower than expected but we are sticking to it. (He loves Benny's Bully's treats ) I wonder if his health issues are slowing his development?
We are currently still battling over house training...and the leash...but getting better at both.
He is a wonderful boy, and he is smothered in LOVE. We take everyday as it comes and try our best to give him all that no one else wanted too.
I can't wait to visit that VET one day in the future and show her what she was so willing to give up on!!
To everyone with problem puppies, never stop loving them and always follow your heart!!
Sorry for the long post...I promise to keep everyone informed as we grow together.