View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
Oh, and BTW, Nookie thanks for you for the compliment!! He's our sweet, handsome baby. But if you stick around here, you will see that he's just a big, goofy puppy. And he has the funniest faces I've ever seen... he just cracks me up. It's makes it very difficult to get a serious picture of him

I also thinks it's wonderful that you put your bed on the floor so your babies wouldn't hurt themselves. It shows how much you love them
Mine are big goofs too, I just love them so so much. I have a back problem and putting the mattress on the floor makes it hard for me to get up sometimes haha, but its worth it for them, I even have a small ramp at the end of the mattress that I made so they can even walk down that. No jumping, no stairs, etc, don't want them to put pressure on their backs. The things we do for our pup!
I do think Theo is conscious, he wagged his tail my niece said when she walked in to help me during the last seizure. Theo never drools, I have never seen him. He did pant as I said for about 1 minute after his seizure, but when its over, its over, no issues that I see afterwards. I will check his gums next time, each time to make sure. It is scary but knowing all this helps because I will be prepared. You have helped me so so much, your very kind!! I went back to the vet, and she gave me the vial. (I am suppose to give 2ml, is this too much? Theo only weighs between 12/13 pounds. He is a little guy) She have me a catheter which I will cut, and she gave me a plastic syringe like in your picture to use with the Valium and a needle to draw up the valium, I think I will use the catheter, it looks like your plastic tip to put on the syringe only mine is very thin. I am some what freaked out and nervous and don't want to have to use it, and not sure when to use it because it was only the last 2 times he seemed to start another but came right out of both so I think if it goes past 5 minutes I should use it?? Thank you so much again, don't know what I would have done without your generous help. Forgot to ask one thing, you said watch for drooling and labored breathing, is there coughing with that too or just the drool an breathing issue?

Last edited by Kasianni; May 10th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.