View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Not quite there yet

Looks like BELLA is getting a new home sooner than later. We'll have her home for a visit on Sunday (19th) hey, that's in only 4 days! We're all excited, Lewis, Dani (his dog, you all know them) and I. I guess "Frenchy" has told Bella what's going to happen, so she ought to be getting excited too.

Poor little thing has to go for her "fix"surgery tomorrow though, so I guess she's more preoccupied by that right now.

The description of Bella was that she is a little overweight. Well, I may be a personal trainer to humans, but I would think the fat burning principles can be applied to dogs as well. Since we are already taking Dani for a 30-minute walk before breakfast every morning (what are we, nuts?!) Bella will automatically join in on those walks (once her stitches have been removed of course). We may have to slow our pace in the beginning until she gets used to walking, but once she gets into the walks she'll get leaner.

Food? Hey everyone knows Goldens (no, all retrievers actually) just LOVE their food, and yours too! That's another good thing for her, we don't have anything sweeter in the house than dried figs and fresh fruit. No chocolate, no sweets, no cake or cookies ... and I doubt whether she'll like left-over salad

In short, we are not worried about her weight at all. And Dani is such a darling, they should get along just fine.

Now you may be wondering who the ... is taking this nice dog? Well you've already gathered that Lewis is in on this, and you know Dani as well, so the only unknown factor here is me. I came over to Canada early October to live with Lewis from Norway. Together with my Viking ancestry I am also half French, so what better place to end up than in Quebec, right (the Vikings discovering the area around New Foundland or thereabouts, and the French colonizing much larger parts later - all the way to Louisiana in fact, been there too by the way). So here we are, two people and one dog. Not a problem, right?

Wrong, cause who gets to hold her leash when we're out walking? And when two cuddle, the third is "left out" (temporarily). The solution was simple, get me a dog too. And there was Bella.

We'll see over the weekend, and let you know how it all went? goes.