View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Rick I'm sorry to hear about Marcie not liking Ruby. I know it was a hard decision to have to make.

Ruby is a beautiful girl and her coat looks shinier already!

Maybe u could adopt a pup later to be Ruby's buddy? So the pup would be coming into Ruby's territory and would learn it's place before it was the same size as Ruby? If that is how dogs work things out that is? I'm no expert.
We will indeed, very likely, be looking for another Golden in the summer or Fall. We'll give it some time and more careful thought next time.

I wouldn't say Marcie didn't like Ruby but more like she was obsessed with her . . . . . and tried to throw herself through the glass of a window to get at Ruby, as one example. For some reason, Marcie was very anxious about Ruby and it was about dominance, more so than a normal integration by far. Tough call but we felt it was a decision that had to be made and secondly, we are happy for Marcie that it has worked out for her as well.

As stated, when we had Marcie alone, she was a delight. And Ruby is also a delight. Some things you just can't figure out.

All's well that ends well.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca