View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2016, 02:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBethB. View Post
My strategy so far has been to have dirty windows. But seriously, my friend had a mourning dove fly into her window and die. It was awful.
I hear ya about how awful it is. We don't get many window strikes here, but I hate that sound...and it's so sad to see them lying there.

Funny about the dirty windows--cuz that works! Some people have gone so far as to paint designs on the outside with soap. It breaks up the reflections, with the added bonus in that if you hose the windows off every few months, it keeps the clear patches of glass sparkling clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
Hey there Hazelrunpack:

Can you send some of those birds up here to Thunder Bay? My goodness you have quite a flock there in your backyard. We see lots and lots of Goldfinches, but can't tell what some of the others are on the ground.
I wish I could send you the siskins, Reg--they're feisty enough to chase the goldfinches and the redpolls off the feeders and they poop up a storm. These pics are from a couple years back. This year we don't have quite as many--I haven't seen a mixed group of more than about 180 finches all winter. In the past few years, we've had as many as 300 winter finches on the ground or at the feeders at the same time.... (Those are big budget bird seed years! )

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."