View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2018, 09:24 AM

Cat trained self

A stray male cat approximately 4 months old wandered into our yard and decided he was staying. My husband after trying for find his owner with no luck decided to keep him. He was a joy. Used the litter box but followed my husband every where. He would go into the bathroom with him and watch him use the toilet to pee. My husband would run him off when he tried to see what was going on in the toilet when he sat down. Big mistake and as you will find out later. Jaden (the cat) went into the bathroom one day and wanted his face shaved and wanted to see just how he looked after my husband placed shaving cream on Jaden's face and acted like he shaved him with his finger and wiped the face with a wet towel. He then checked his self out the mirror and jumped down from the sink. Guess he thought he looked pretty clean so a couple days later while my husband was in the bathroom shaving Jaden entered jumped up on the toilet seat and peed in the toilet. My husband had forgot to close the lid. My husband nearly flipped he stood in the door way and told me what the cat was doing. Jaden continues to use the toilets and get periodical shaves.We have 3 toilets and Jaden pees in the Master suit toilet only and uses the litterbox for solid waste. He was sick at the vets office and the vet wanted to keep him overnight The vet called me to come get him for the night as he would not use the litter box to pee and his bladder was ready to pop. So sometimes it is not a good thing to have them trained to toilets. But I would not change a thing. I can still scoop his litter box and it does not smell nearly as bad as it does when they do all their business in litter. He is 7 years old now and he is my husbands shadow still. I say if they are male let them learn to use the toilet by watching a human male in the bathroom. There is no easier training around than that.