View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyvanpelt
i just have to point out that they do not all come from terrible conditions
You are very lucky that your dog came from a good environment and that he is healthy.

Quote:
duffy's breeder bred purebread west highland terriers and decided for some reason to breed her schnauzer. we met his adorable mom and saw the kennel. it may have been a byb but at least she was doing it right.
This is where I have to beg to differ. Maybe her pups weren't being raised in filth, but that doesn't make her a good breeder. As a matter of fact, the very point that she bred a mixed-breed animal on purpose tells me that she's not a reputable breeder and I would never consider buying from her as a result.

Quote:
actually, purebreds, no matter what care is taken in their lineage, are more likely to have problems.
This is a myth. A well-bred pure-bred dog will be no more likely to develop health issues than a mutt. And many mutts out there are suffering from all the same hereditary issues as pure-bred dogs. It's all in the genes, whether pure-bred or not.

Quote:
i've been afraid to admit i've got a schnoodle knowing your feelings but i love him just as much as the rest of you love your pets. hopefully, i can still post questions and start posting pics without negative feedback.
Everyone here is entitled to their opinions. I don't think anyone will flame you for your choice of dog - only if you come here saying you intend to breed him. We'd still love to see pics, please!