View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Pet Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija
There are only 2 Haskett's listed in Calagary. I sent them both a letter telling that piece of crap what I thought aabout him. I googled them. @ssholes. I just sent a letter to Daniel Charles Haskett in care of both addresses. I hope he burns in hell.
The Haskett family is from Didsbury, not Calgary. You have just done something for which you can be charged. Please see SarahLynn123's post about the person charged with uttering threats.

For LavenderRott & rainbow:
While I agree with you that some tougher laws are needed, I honestly don't believe that they are going to happen at the federal level anytime soon. The proposed laws have been repeatedely pushed back, made softer and will likely make no effect once they are implemented, which could be years. My goal with the Guardianship campaign is to start locally. If we can get local laws changed first, then move to provincial, then we'll have a better fight federally.
And no, the term "parent" doesn't stop a lot of people killing their kids, but I think you'd agree that most people don't just kill their kids, it's the rare exception who does. All I'm trying to do is get people to protect animals the way children are protected. You might not agree, but that's my approach.

Melissa

"If you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet."