View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:57 PM

Just to follow up on our progress.
My dog hasn't bitten anyones since thank God! We have had private training and classes for the past 8 weeks.
We began by taking all privilages away and reducing his food slightly to make him respond to food rewrds. He no longer gets a raw hide bone which he was protective of. He wears a 10 ft house lead at all times. He is never alone with the kids and is in the laundry room when other children are around. He is never allowed on the furniture.
He has become a wonderful pet.
He will go into his new crate ( we started with just the bottom and loads of rewards then added the top, then the door and finally can close it) However he does growl and bare his teeth if we go to close his crate door at night only?? He sleeps in his crate every night in the Laundry room with the door closed. he also eats his meals in his crate. We are hoping to eventually close the crate at night so I can move it to another room and have my mud room back again.
Thank you to all who gave advice in the past. We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but we can't let our guard down for a second since our kids are in the house.
Vmar