View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:18 AM
Senior Contributor

It's really disguting that actions like this are taken very lightly. I find it completelt appauling that someone can deliberatly cause pain and suffering to animals and they get off with a slap on the wrist. When the governemtn is involved all they see is all the money that it will cost it enforce a bill causing people to be responsible for their own actions. It absolutely makes my stomach turn..

**** For those of you not interested in knowing some of the things that have happened to pit bulls DO NOT read on ****

There are MANY curel and digusting things that people do to animals - skinning them, beating them, drowning them... but... I feel that NOTHING compares to what suffering and pain these dogs are put through in order to be a good fighter.

I had a discussion with someone a long time ago and it has always remained with me...it's really nothing different than the grusome videos that we pass around here... but they were describing how these dog fighters tie up their pit bulls, hit them with BATS causing sever amounts of pain (this is to toughen them up), They throw battery acid on them to toughen their skin, they taunt them by poking sticks and throwing things at them. These sick people would do this repeatedly on a daily basis causing the dog to go crazy with rage!
Many people muzzle their dogs and hang them from a tree while the beat them. :sad:

Sorry so graphic. I will remove it if someone asks....

What can we do?? Some way we HAVE to get the public more aware of how sever dog fighting is. There are groups that talk about it, there are people that try and fight it... but I think we NEED a very large group of organized people - like the children in 3rd world countries and stuff. We need som many people to help make the public more aware... this is what WE as humans do to these animals and this is OUR fault!!! :sad: