Thread: New dog owner
View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierrobbie View Post
Hi,

My name is Rob and I've the new owner of Lola, a now 21 week old German Shepherd. I haven't owned a dog in about 10 years since my Border Collie/Siberian Husky X passed at the ripe old age of 14, but a chance call from a cousin changed that. The previous owner had run into very severe financial distress and had to give her up. I happened to be in the right place at the right time and we have enjoyed a great 3 weeks together. I'm glad I came across this site as I've been out of the pet ownership/parenthood realm for a while and I'm looking forward to having an additional resource as to how to raise my little girl.

I have specific questions about dog food (saw the specific discussion group for that) and pet insurance (didn't see one for that - can somebody direct me to questions/reviews of/about Canadian pet insurers?) so will be posting on the forums if I can't find historical discussions relating to my questions.

Thx
Rob
I am so glad you where able to take Lola so she did not have to go to a shelter. German Shepherds are great dogs and so smart. I hope you'll post some photos of your new puppy soon.