View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2005, 02:24 PM

What would you do?

I have a question for all members on this board............. and it involves your opinion of internet safety.
How safe do you feel using the net?

There is a reason I ask, and it involves a situation that happened to me recently on this site.
I have thought about this ever since it happened and I just wanted to post my feelings about the situation.

This site does provide a lot of information for everyone, and I realize that people don`t always see eye to eye here.... and that is okay. Some members and I have butted heads on more than one occasion and in the end the only way to solve the situation is to agree to disagree.

Recently I was accused of being a liar and using two identities on this site. I was sent pm`s which I deleted and probably shouldn`t have because I could have used them to my benefit/defense regarding the situation that arose after the accusations.

For the member who pmed me and told me that I was a liar and they would do all they could to rid this site of me, all I can ask is who gave you that authority? After I explained the situation you continued on your assault and probably thought you had succeeded. You did not. You have no right to demand further clarification from me or any other member on this board when they post any information. You are not a moderator, or in a postion on the administration of this site, to the best of my knowledge, and therefore, I simply think that you stepped out of line. Maybe you need to question all the other members who have the same IP addy?? Or maybe someone should be checking yours?

The situation that made me take my pics off this site had to do with an attempt by someone on this site to log in under my identity. I have the IP address and should I decide to I can have it investigated so that I know exactly who you are. I only have a few questions for you..............

What did you hope to accomplish by doing that? I have a hard time believing that anyone on this site would be that spiteful, but I have been proved wrong before. :sad:
Is there something you were looking for in particular?? Please enlighten me to your curiousity............ as I have yet to understand what would possess you to do something like that?

If this was the person I think it was,,, I have only one message for you............ I have not gone anywhere,nor do I intend to. I have as much right to be here as any other member of this board and you can send me as many pm`s as you wish, just remember that they can be used against you if push comes to shove.

My question for the other members on this site is simple............

How would this situation make you feel about the site and the member who did this?

I do take the precaution of logging out each time I get off the site, and my computer dumps cookies each time I log out.
I do know where the person is from, that information was given to me by my service provider, along with the information that this type of activity is considered to be a form of internet identity theft. They did not succeed at guessing my password, which is really funny, it took another member of this site that knows me well less than 30 seconds to figure it out. Maybe whoever did this should know me that well before trying to impersonate me.

If I am no longer on this site because of this post............ so be it............. after this happened I have to question how worthwhile it is to me to be a member. Most of the people who asked me about why the pics were taken down know the details anyway, so if the admin thinks this is reason to ban me then go ahead.

I just think that this situation should not happen to another member.........on this site or any other site.