View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM

:/

I live in a luxury warehouse apartment (though not for long at the rate things are going). On the top floor.

They were on Purina One and another sort of Purina i forget the name, most of their lives. At the time i was completely unaware of the seriousness of how bad a diet like that can be. This was well before I had access to the wealth of information provided by the internet.

I have no excuse, and will always blame myself for not being more informed on nutritional requirements. The female begged relentlessly for table scraps, she would even steal food right off your plate.

The rescue cat came to me in very bad shape, he was thin and malnurished, had earmites, dirt clogging his nose. He was not socialized, did not know how to jump up on a lap so they must have kept him in a cage. He also had poor muscle tone. They claimed he had been switched to IAMS and that had given him diarrhea. Although when i started caring for him the diarrhea stopped immediately. So i am unsure as to how he was treated before i got him.

Our current vet thought the mold was unlikely to cause all these problems in my 9 year old male, however I did not elaborate to her the full story, i just told her about the mold.
I had to switch vets involving a long commute as the vets where i live (rural ontario) are not thorough and more concearned about price gouging than saving cat's lives. They did nothing to help my female except charge $200 to knock a tooth out of her mouth while she flinched in pain and terror on the table, she became so ill we had to put her down. I had requested bloodwork and asked if she didnt need antibiotics but they really didn't seem concearned in the slightest. They even charged me for an emergency visit after i called them first thing in the morning requesting an appointment they said it was no problem, when i called back after locating a ride, they then told me "oh sorry we're booked solid, you'll have to pay for an emergency visit now or wait til next week. My father was sickened by this there was only one dog in the waiting room when we arrived.

Now I have to feed my 9 year old with CRF medi-cal gastro as he cannot eat anything else just yet, the 1.5 year old is on medi-cal URINARY SO 30 in an attempt to alleviate the crystals. To be honest i am so broke from all the vet bills i am not sure how soon i can get him in, and have already borrowed all the money i could. Now that there is redness at the base of his gums i am terrified for him as well. I will attempt to sell off my family heirlooms to try to save him. I cannot even put into words the sorrow.

Last edited by mindflayer; June 23rd, 2008 at 11:32 PM.