Thread: Moving Tips
View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:15 PM

Can you test this before your big moving date? Is there anyway you can stack the hard plastic crates with the hedgehogs in the front seat with you and leave the back for the dog? What kind of car is it? What about making 2 trips? I know it's a long drive (having done it a few times myself) but maybe if you could leave your dog with someone for the initial trip out and then come back and get him?[/QUOTE]

I will test it, I've been driving around with my dog anyways, to get him use to being in the car again.

I could put 2 crates in the front, then stack 2 in the back, if I double them up in carriers. Then he'd have the whole back seat minus about 12". The problem with having the hedgehogs in the front is then I'll have to have some of the front air vents closed, because they have specific heat requirements and can't have cold air. But it wouldn't be too bad. That's a good idea, don't know why I didn't think of that!

It's a 2012 Mazda3 Sedan.

If I double them up in carriers, and put 2 in the back and 2 in the front, I think I'll only have to do one trip. If worst comes to worst, I'll have the hedgehogs shipped. I'd rather pay $150 to fly them out then make 2 trips.