View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
chronically insane.

His legs feel like gumby legs where the bone never really hardened. But it doesn't feel like he has any knees, as if his joints fused.

Also, I actually don't think he can even feel them. I squeezed his feet and pushed on the pads of his his because normally that would make a cat mad but he didn't even seem to notice, and I squeezed up by where his knee would be to feel what the bone was like and there is absolutely no muscle mass on his legs at all, just like two long bones dangling there.

If I can find him today I'll play with him and see what I can do. When he's done nursing I'll bring him in the house if I can to see if he can be helped. Doesn't seem like his back legs are useful at all. I'm not sure if it's a spinal cord thing because it looks like he can move his tail, and if he can move his tail that means ... ??? i have no idea.

I'm waiting on the shelter to call me back. It's not even 11 am yet though so if I don't hear from them by 1:30 I'm going to give them a call. I have to go out and I'm going to be passing the shelter so i could just drop Kitten Number One off and let them do whatever.

I'm going to go look for the crippled kitten and see if I can play with him or something to see how he's doing. The mom cat put the litter back in my cat hating neighbors yard so I had to remove them. Not sure where they are going to be at now I'll look.

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009