Thread: Bloomin'!
View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
You already have Rudbeckia and Echinacea in bloom? Wow!

Don't put yourself down about the weeds. I've tried to make my gardens look good but it's so hard when going out and within 30 seconds there's either a swarm of black flies, deer flies or horse flies. That, and I'm no good at design which is why all my pics are mostly close ups of the flowers and not the whole area. I always envision what I want mentally but never to seem to have the time, energy, or money to achieve it.

Do you have any Echinacea paradoxa - the yellow droopy species type?
No, just the normal varieties. There are lots of different plants I want to start but I have to get my gardens under control first. No new plants till then. :sad: Black flies and such are bad around here too this year. Too much rain I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfFashion View Post
TQ, that spiky blue one looks like Veronica to me as well (mine is just blooming!). AKA Speedwell.
Yep, probably right. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Everything in bloom! I love the color of the rose campion--I wish I were having better luck with the seeds *sigh* I'm fascinated with the Cerinthe...hidden blossoms! Does that one come in different colors?
Cerinthe only comes in that colour. It's a neat little plant I found last year. The seed is hard. Like Morning Glory. It was a pleasant surprise to see a few pop their heads up a while back. I will see if I can gather a few for you. Stick them in the garden somewhere and forget about them. I'm good at that.
The rose campion - the first year you get little tiny plants. The next year you may be lucky and get flowers but you may have to wait for the year after. Once they are established they can start getting invasive.