View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Rescue needs help for cat with broken leg

Hi Everyone. I just got this in from Steri Animal. They are trying to raise funds to pay Kira’s vet bill? It’s huge. Feel free to cross post and PM me to get their address or look them upon the net. If you do want to help Kira, put her name on the envelope so that they know where the money need to go to. Thanks

"Kira is currently recovering from surgery for a broken leg. The vet says she will recover 100%. She is approx 5 months old. She’s a playful, outgoing, feisty calico. She was found by a young man I work with. Whenever I went to his place, Kira would come running to greet me. She came into his basement apartment through the window and didn’t leave. Apparently she had been out all night the night before. He was not able to find out who she originally belonged to. She may have been abandoned after someone moved. She broke her leg by falling from a counter onto some bottles. She’s now being cared for by a Steri-Animal volunteer. I’ll be looking for a foster or permanent home for her once she’s fully recovered in approx. 4 weeks. Right now she has to remain in a cage most of the time so she can heal properly and doesn’t reinjure herself by running around. "

(This post was approved by the admins...thanks Marko)
Attached Images