View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I agree that people who can't afford a lot of money for a treatment should still be able to have a pet. Everyone should have the privilege of having something that will bring some love and light into their lives. BUT... what I don't agree with is not having anything at all put aside for them. If you have taken the responsibility for another life, then you need to make sure you can at least afford a vet visit and euth. if the animal is suffering, whether it be a dog, cat, rat etc. To allow an animal that you know is in distress to suffer is not only inhumane, but unethical. Not everyone can afford thousands, but anyone should be able to afford a couple hundred to at least put the pet out of it's suffering, if they can't afford treatment. If you can't at least provide that, then no, you shouldn't have a pet.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012